Winchesters partners with Lemonade School to offer free courseNeil Drew
Modern Careers: set yourself apart from the crowd to get your dream job
Date/Time: Monday May 2; 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Speaker: Elan Van Wyck, Director, Winchesters Recruitment
What is Lemonade School?
Lemonade School offers really useful workshops and courses taught by working professionals in today’s most relevant subjects.
What does the job market look like right now? How can I get noticed in a sea of applicants? In Toronto’s competitive market, it’s essential that your resume, profile and personal brand allow you to stand out and convey why you’re the right person for the job. In this workshop, we’ll show you the best practices in building a strong LinkedIn profile – and the benefits of this tool. We’ll discuss your personal brand and how to design it so that it best explains your employment narrative. We’ll also address the do’s and don’ts of restructuring your resume and nailing your interview. This workshop would benefit career changers, recent grads, or anyone returning to the job hunt after years in the same position/field.
what you’ll learn
- how to build a strong LinkedIn profile
- the value in your personal brand and how to create one
- how to write a resume that will get you an interview
- how to convey that your skills are transferable into modern required experience.
- how to nail the interview process
- common mistakes and red flags to watch for in the job search game