Accounts Payable Coordinator
Downtown Toronto, ON – hybrid with a few days per week in the office
$55,000-$65,000 base, 3 weeks of vacation and solid benefits
Posted on August 4, 2022.
Our client is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Coordinator for their Toronto office.
Our client is one of Canada’s leading developers with an award-winning reputation for architectural design, environmental sustainability, and a commitment to cities. Working in partnership with the best architects, designers and planners, the company is widely recognized for its pioneering role in bringing high-design living across Canada.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for running the accounts payable process for assigned projects requiring in-house project accounting. The successful candidate will also be required to assist with the preparation of documents and residential sales when required. Our client is looking for a self-starter who is organized, hard-working, with a high attention to detail and enjoys working in a small office environment.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Posting payable entries;
- Preparing loan draw documents;
- Coordinating with project monitor and reviewing report;
- Issuing payments;
- Responding to enquiries from vendors;
- Vendor accounts reconciling;
- Performing project accounting functions, including everyday accounting activities, month-end processes, financial and management reporting, and cash management;
- Performing monthly bank account reconciliations as needed;
- Assisting the coordinating, reviewing and analyzing of monthly construction progress billing invoices to ensure billing accuracy, fee reconciliation and ledger balance;
- Assisting with developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial reports for all projects;
- Assisting with preparing and reviewing monthly job costs and budget reporting;
- Assisting with special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Post-secondary education with a specialty in accounting;
- Understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE);
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in real estate development industry;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Experience using Jonas Premier is an asset;
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and multiple priorities;
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
Interested individuals are invited to apply now or submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.We appreciate the interest of all candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.