North York, ON
$40,000-$45,000 (plus discretionary bonus, health/dental benefits and 2-weeks paid vacation)
Posted on June 3, 2021.
- A professional with a strong work ethic and are able to juggle multiple projects?
- An independent problem-solver who can handle making good judgments with minimal direction?
- Organized, efficient, resourceful, adaptive, positive, and helpful?
If so, you could be exactly what we need!
Our client is seeking an Accountant who’s keen to learn and continually improve the efficiency of the financial reporting processes. Our client is a fast-growing company with multiple, successful business lines. Thus, the company continually provides services to satisfy their diverse clientele and investment opporunities, providing attractive returns for investors. Moreover, the company has a fantastic culture with excellent leadership. If you’re seeking an intermediate accounting role and are a self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with great communication skills, don’t wait any longer to apply!
- Day-to-day accounting entries
- Reconcile and maintain bank accounts, A/R, A/P, and general journal entries and adjustments
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with auditing processes and organization of office materials and files
- Complete monthly (or as needed) journal entries
- Cash receipt entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
- Satisfy customer service queries, internal department queries and problem solving
- Account payment histories
- Tax remittances
- Compilation and distribution of daily management reports
- Compliance reporting
- Perform duties and assigned tasks as a team player
- Relevant university degree/college diploma
- The ideal candidate will be pursuing the CPA designation
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience as junior or intermediate accountant
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and budgeting methods
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to produce and manage daily management reporting requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks simultaneously
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Energetic team player with ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Great Plains would be an asset
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.