Downtown Toronto, ON
$50,000-$60,000 base plus discretionary bonus, full health and dental benefits and 3 weeks of vacation
Posted on January 11, 2022.
Our client is a leading Canadian architecture firm based in Toronto with a reputation that is worldwide. The firm is recognized for design excellence across a broad range of building types for cultural, civic, academic, healthcare, residential and commercial clients. The company is a leading proponent of sustainable design innovation and consistently is rated one of Canada’s top employers.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our Finance and Accounting team as a General Accountant. This is an excellent role that will involve the candidate in various aspects of the finance related activities and will report to a CPA-designated CFO.
- Reconciling sub-consultant statements on a monthly basis
- Preparing monthly account receivable reports for the project managers
- Following up with clients on outstanding invoices
- Banking – processing deposits in the accounting software
- Coding and processing vouchers for expenses
- Reconciling credit card expenses
- Assisting the accounts payable with weekly cheque run
- Reviewing and processing expense reports
- Preparation of reports or schedules for year-end audit
- Archiving and file storage management
- Miscellaneous tasks such as scanning/filing/uploading, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
Necessary Skills Include:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in an accounting department, or post-secondary education (or equivalent)
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly with strong time-management skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm is an asset
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.