$80,000-$95,000 base plus 25% short term bonus and a Long-Term Incentive Plan
Posted on September 14, 2021
Our client is a growing real estate company located in Toronto, ON. The business is a private equity company with more than $300M assets under management. This is a newly posted position due to the previous person being promoted and working in another division in the company. The role will have a focus on financial reporting, compliance, T5013’s and financial analysis.
In the past 5 years the company has grown tremendously and they are looking to add a CPA-designated accounting professional who either works at an accounting firm currently or has done so previously. Preference will be given to individuals who have real estate experience, but it is not required. The key requirements are a positive/ambitious personality, strong external audit experience, and sound financial reporting and tax knowledge. The growth potential in the role and company are excellent, demonstrated by the previous person being promoted within two years.
If you are a Senior Accountant or Audit & Assurance Manager, don’t hesitate to apply!
- Ultimate accountability of the month-end close process for Development Projects
- Complete full cycle accounting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for development projects for many active projects (bank reconciliations, recording sales, finance adjustments, booking accruals etc.)
- Prepare and reconcile monthly project management fees calculations
- Maintain a weighted average cost of capital document to track financing costs at an individual project level as well as on a consolidated basis
- Provide key business insights together with month-end reporting to improve the overall effectiveness and profitability of development projects
- Prepare year end working papers and audit files for the auditors
- Responsibility for preparation and filing of annual tax returns for development projects – special attention paid to T5013’s
- Responsible for project-level HST reporting and analysis
- Maintain strict payment draw schedule for projects in construction, ensuring all draws are prepared and reviewed according to the standard process for the project
- Work Closely with Director of Development and Construction to ensure the accuracy of the upload of the budget into the accounting system
- Collaborate with CFO and Investments Team on financial modelling for development projects
- Assist with the preparation of reports related to development projects for the mortgage regulator as required
- Compile and create internal processes and procedures as it relates to development projects and assist in preparing an overall accounting policy handbook for the department
- Work on special projects as required
- Communicate with investors and lenders to assist with inquiries and project level covenant compliance
- Finance, Business or Accounting Degree coupled with the CPA designation completed
- Experience with ASPE and IFRS reporting
- Previous experience working at an accounting firm is mandatory
- EXCEL (index, match, offset, v-look up and pivot tables); high level proficiency required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Corporate tax experience an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- The desire to see the organization succeed and the drive to make a material impact in that success
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.