Toronto, Ontario – 5 days per week in the office
$80,000-$95,000 base plus bonus, excellent benefits and vacation
Posted on May 5, 2022.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company in mid-town Toronto. They are looking for a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager to join the small and growing team. Previous real estate accounting experience is definitely a nice to have. You must come with experience preparing financial statements and working papers.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Controller and will assist with handling the senior level accounting work in the department while supervising a few individuals. The company does five days per week in the office, located mid-town Toronto. Looking for individuals who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Develop, review and deliver monthly accounting reports to management, external partners and financial institutions
- Prepare detailed year-end working papers up to draft financial statements, including costs to complete analysis and cost share reconciliations for active long-lived land development projects and for projects in pre-development and wrap-up stages
- Act as main point of contact with CRA on behalf of the company. Maintain relationships with external auditors
- Provide monthly financial analysis of projects and operations to the Controller with a goal to seek improvements and compliance with project/partnership goals and continuously seek financial improvement and efficiency for all project and operations
- Prepare quarterly reports on projects with financial statements to be distributed to investors and partners and financiers
- Direct, monitor and manage invoice payables of projects while reconciling with the contracts to ensure accurate and consistent procedure and payment
- Manage the monthly construction draw process with the project cost consultant and construction lender
- File monthly HST input tax credits on projects
- University degree or College diploma
- 5+ years experience in finance/accounting ideally in real estate
- Some mentorship or supervisory experience
- Must have financial statement and working paper preparation experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of EXCEL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.