Accounts Payable Clerk
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
$50,000 and $60,000 plus benefits and 3 weeks vacation
Posted on June 10, 2022.
This organization is a real estate and construction company looking for an individual to join their team as an Accounts Payable Clerk. The individual must have a solid understanding of accounts payable with at least a few years of experience in the role.
This opportunity comes with great benefits and the experience of working at a company that values teamwork. The Accounts Payable Clerk will handle accounting related duties in accordance with company procedures.
- Preparation of purchase orders/change orders in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure the preparation of purchase orders/change orders in compliance with company procedures
- Assist with processing of invoices, proper G/L coding and date/accounting period recognition
- Reconciliation of credit card statements, expenses used in office, and insurance payments, etc.
- Prepare scheduled cheque runs from approved payment list, subsequent disbursement of payments and also record storage
- Investigation of any discrepancies against vendor statements while handling vendor account reconciliation
- Assist trade vendors and consultants concerning invoices and payment status
- Ensure annual CAM reconciliations for commercial properties is dealt with
- Assist with other general accounting duties as necessary
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding and knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping processes
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills which include all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE Construction and Real Estate is considered an asset
- Experience with the Construction Act and Prompt Payment Legislation is considered an asset
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.