Accounts Payable Specialist
$55,000-$65,000 (plus great benefits!)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is an established manufacturing company that is in growth mode. They’re currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for their corporate office in Concord, Ontario. The company possesses a work culture that values high-performance, experience, and efficiency, and team work.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will provide overall support for the Finance and Accounting team in a fast-paced, multi-company environment. The candidate will process invoices and prepare payments in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. There is career growth within the Accounts Payable department, so apply now!
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling/preparing checks, and resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies/documentation
- Reconcile subledger accounts and performing recharges and payments
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pay employees expenses by receiving/verifying expense reports, prepare checks
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Diploma or university degree
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks with a keen attention to detail
- Great communication skills – written and oral
- Advanced Excel skills – i.e. pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Proficient in data entry and document management
If you’re interested in learning more about the role, please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to a high volume of applicants, only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.