Toronto, Ontario (hybrid)
$110,000-$140,000 base plus bonus
Posted April 29,2022.
The company is one of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in the industry. They are currently accepting applications for the role of Acquisitions Manager for the corporate office located in Toronto, ON. This is a place where individuals are respected and growth is encouraged and fostered. The Acquisitions Manager will have the opportunity to step up and play an important role in the development of multiple high rises and low-rise acquisitions in the GTA.
The role of the Acquisitions Manager will handle and support the intricate operations and executions of acquisitions within the GTA. The manager will be responsible for managing and identifying all new and existing acquisition developments/opportunities. The role also includes being accountable for liaising with real estate agents and property owners, conducting site identifications and reviews, handling necessary research of sites (including but not limited to transactional, sales, planning and marketing), liaising with various internal divisions and third-party consultants, working with budgets and schedules, reporting to executive teams, partners, managers and assisting with other duties as requested by management in Acquisitions, Development, Finance, Construction, Sales & Marketing.
- Manage property and land acquisitions, initial site identifications/analysis, concept plans, market research, and pro forma financials
- Negotiate residential development acquisitions in the GTA
- Manage third-party consultants and review/summarize proposals, reports, plans, and legal documents
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure accuracy of financial/non-financial input
- Tracks new opportunities and owns acquisition documents in the pipeline
- Accurately prepare internal and external meeting agendas
- Assist with general administration and track project deadlines and progress
- University degree in business, finance, and/or accounting. MBA and/or CFA a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience including internships & co-op in residential real estate development
- Demonstrated ability with financial and quantitative analysis, emphasis on financial modeling, development of pro forma budget and schedule
- Proficient within Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Good understanding of core development and construction concepts
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.