Associate – Acquisitions, Development
$100,000-$125,000 base plus 20% bonus
Posted on September 29, 2021.
With this company being one of the fastest growing real estate companies in the GTA/Toronto you will get experience and insight into the multifaceted operations and execution of high-profile real estate development projects. You will be responsible for the day to day duties of managing real estate models, acquisitions, feasibility studies, monitoring project performance, planning and analyzing budgets. If this new challenge sounds like a fit for you, do not hesitate to apply.
- Conduct due diligence and feasibility studies to analyze acquisitions
- Technical analysis and ensure proper accounting for acquisitions and deal disposition
- Underwrite new development deals and create intricate proforma budgets
- Conduct project budget review with focus on actual vs budget proformas monthly to meet company and project objectives
- Analyze project cash flows and prepare sensitivity analysis to study impacts on overall project
- Prepare equity and investment IRR waterfall analysis to ensure KPI’s are met
- Continuously Monitor and update all project proformas, cashflows and IRR models in conjunction with project accountants, controller, and CFO
- Create monthly project financial reports to present to LP partners, CEO, CFO and COO.
- Participate, collaborate and give recommendations on projects and identify efficiencies for continuous improvements
- Assist with execution of development portfolio strategy related to investments and supporting executive team on execution of transactional activity
- Must have at least two (2) or more years’ experience in financial / development analysis in real estate development
- Completed a university degree
- Have a thorough understanding of high rise and mixed-use development
- Are analytical and have ability to produce analysis in appropriate language and style
- Possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Have strong process management/improvement skills with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Have ability to manage your time, with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a demanding environment
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office suite some modeling software (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook)
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.