Corporate Accounting Manager
$75,000-$90,000 base plus bonus and excellent benefits
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a real estate investment company going through major growth and this Corporate Accounting Manager position is due to expansion of the business. The organization has two sides to the business and this one will be dealing directly with both development and property management, but specifically for fund accounting, corporate accounting and investor reporting.
The VP Finance is looking for a strong, experienced accounting professional who ideally comes with real estate experience, corporate accounting and if possible, some fund accounting (or at least understanding of investor reporting for funds). The successful candidate will have their CPA completed and be an ambitious team-player.
A key selling feature of this company is how much growth potential there is. The team continues to grow with multiple successful hires in the past five years and multiple successful funds closed. The position would immediately manage one to two junior accountants and the key requirements of this role will be to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of key deliverables including corporate accounting, fund accounting, investor reporting and special projects.
- Supervise and review the preparation of the general ledger and working paper files including review of journal entries and bank reconciliations to ensure that financial reports and statements are accurate
- File federal, provincial and associated tax returns for personal income and corporate entities
- Timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and reporting packages for the various private entities, ensuring that the financial statements are accurate and in accordance with statutory requirements
- Prepare financial analysis to assist management in various real estate asset management decisions and strategies
- Review monthly and year-end tenant realty tax and CAM reconciliations, percentage rent and year-end invoicing by reviewing variance analysis, tenant spreadsheets, shortfall analysis and interim billings in order to meet the requirements of the tenants’ leases;
- Manage day to day banking and preparation of daily cash flows
- Preparation of annual property business plans, including operating, capital and leasing budgets
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting or audit experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Canadian personal/corporate taxes
- Familiarity with real estate corporate accounting and fund accounting
- Understanding of investor reporting
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy and highly ethical
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.