Director of Accounting
Mississauga, Ontario (on-site)
$140,000-$160,000 base plus bonus
Posted May 9, 2022.
Our client is a Real Estate development company in Mississauga. They are looking for an eager Director of Accounting to join the dynamic and growing accounting team. This is a new role due to the growth of the company. Previous experience managing an accounting team within a real estate organization is ideal.
The Director of Accounting will lead and provide support to a diverse accounting team with roles varying from a Corporate Controller to a Project Accountant and also Accounting clerks. This position is a very unique role giving the successful candidate the opportunity to have a great amount of leadership while working in a company that really values positivity and respect. This employer will require the Director of Accounting to be in the office located in Mississauga 5 days per week with a bit of flexibility.
- Leading and supporting an accounting team
- Have full involvement and assistance of developing, implementing, and monitoring accounting procedures
- Work with VP of Finance to prepare quarterly financial reporting package
- Assist in preparing corporate budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis
- Approve and ensure accuracy of month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings
- Review year-end financial package for external accountants
- Reporting to senior management on financial reporting
- Managing auditors and activities
- Assist in preparation of financial reports
- Managing the banking relationships
- Communication with CRA and review HST filings
- Ensure smooth co-ordination of all information and financial data throughout company
- CPA Designation
- 5 – 7 years of experience with some spent as a supervisor
- Knowledge of accounting practices related to land development and homebuilding
- Advanced level computer skills, emphasis on Excel
- Working knowledge of Newstar is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work in the office five days per week
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.