Director of Capital Markets
Toronto, ON – Hybrid
Very competitive compensation package including base, bonus, and extras
Our client is a growth oriented, Toronto based real estate investment and asset management firm primarily focused on larger scale commercial and residential projects in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Director of Capital Markets is a newly created role and will be an important role in the Company’s platform growth including fund raising, corporate development and product development. This is a broad role with significant responsibility, well suited to an individual with significant fund raising and client management experience, now looking to apply it in a hands-on, entrepreneurial and platform building environment. The company is seeking an individual who can leverage their pre-existing institutional and private client relationships to lead the capital raising initiatives.
With established expertise in capital raising and investment structuring, the incoming Director of Capital Markets will be an instrumental figure in establishing fundraising channels for the various investment mandates being undertaken by our client.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospective and current investors, with a focus on Institutional and Family Office segments.
- Maintain technical knowledge of the company’s offerings to provide the best solutions for investors.
- Clearly communicate the offerings and assist investors with due diligence questions and investor subscription process, where appropriate from a legal and regulatory perspective.
- Use CRM software to track business development efforts and progress achieved.
- Assist in marketing efforts such as creating investor presentations, webinars, and educational materials.
- Assist in structuring and successfully launching new investment mandates for the investors.
- Establish, maintain, and engage with industry relationships including advisors, lenders, brokers, legal counsel, and accountants.
Qualifications & Experience
- +8 years of investment sales experience, with a proven track record in developing and growing Assets Under Management.
- Intimate understanding of financial products that serve the interests of institutional and high-net-worth investors.
- Experience with CRM systems that are specific to capital raising/investor relations functions.
- Experience in the Retail/Financial Advisory Channel is a plus.
- A self-starter who can manage individual responsibilities and maintain overall awareness of management priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team setting.
Our client is passionate about investing, community building, and the collective success of the team and their partners. Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Please apply now if you are interested. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. Send your resume to email@example.com