Director, Development Finance
Toronto, Ontario (hybrid)
Competitive salary, bonus and package
The company is one of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in the industry. They are currently accepting applications for the role of Director, Development Finance for the corporate office located in Toronto, ON. This is a place where individuals are respected and growth is encouraged and fostered. The Director will supervise one manager and one to two analysts. You will have the opportunity to step up and play an important role in the development of multiple high rise and low-rise acquisitions in the GTA.
Our client is seeking to motivated and ambitious individual to support the whole development team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Development team, responsible for the oversight of large-scale industrial, residential, and mixed-use developments and working closely with the Company’s development partners to create enduring value for all stakeholders. The candidate will possess strong leadership and time management skills, attention to detail, a self-starting attitude, and will most importantly, be a team player.
- Play an important role through the full lifecycle of projects, including initial feasibility analysis, assisting planning approvals, design, construction, leasing, and close-out
- Utilizing input from colleagues across the organization, third party consultants as required, and through quantitative and qualitative analysis, create a detailed dynamic proforma for each project
- Provide financial analysis on various options related to massing scenarios, parking variables, and other development approval criteria
- Develop a business plan for each project factoring in deal structuring, revenue, cost, operating cost assumptions as well as risk factors
- Prepare advanced financial analyses and investment memorandums to assist senior management in the evaluation of various real estate decisions at different stages throughout real estate development cycle
- Review, critically assess, and prepare project cash flows and pro forma financial projections, with an active role in the quarterly budgeting process
- Build strong relationships across the Company to effectively understand all development projects
- Engage with the Transactions team to provide input into underwriting assumptions for new acquisitions to ensure a smooth transition to the Development team upon closing
- Engage with planning, design & engineering, construction, leasing, and asset management to prepare presentation materials for Capital Committee Meetings
- Regularly evaluate market conditions to identify changes that give rise to opportunities to either further maximize returns or mitigate risk
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant real estate development experience working within a development firm or equivalent
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business/ finance, economics, engineering, or related field
- A strong understanding of the full lifecycle of development
- Supervisory experience over a team
- A strong communicator both verbally and written
- A strategic and analytically minded professional with strong quantitative skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.