Toronto, Ontario (hybrid work set up)
$65,000-$80,000 base plus full benefits, bonus, 4 weeks of vacation, and great company culture
Posted on December 24, 2021.
Excellent established and respected organization in Toronto, ON.
Our client is looking for a Financial Accountant to join the team. In this role you will report to an experienced VP Finance who is a big developer of people and believes in a positive work culture. The organization is a family-run business and offers competitive compensation along with recognition of the important of career development. This is a mid-level position and is a great opportunity for growth, autonomy, and career progression.
As the Financial Accountant you will be given the opportunity to do full-cycle accounting for a number of different companies with multiple partners. You will gain exposure to real estate management, real estate development, and several other industries
- Responsible for all financial working papers, reviews and variance analysis for corporate entities, partnerships, joint ventures, trusts and holding companies
- Responsible for financial review and variance analysis for investments
- Responsible for accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end files
- Assist and co-ordinate with the year-end audits and working papers for various legal entities
- Responsible for all aspects of General Ledger accounting
- Record and analyze transactions for multiple tiers holding entities, and apply the proper
- accounting solution
- Assist with the establishment of standardized reporting, policies and procedures and systems to support a standardized platform
- Ensure consistent adherence of accounting standards, principles, policies and procedures.
- Other analyses and special projects as required by Management Team
- Experience with full disclosure financial reporting and consolidation
- 3 years of experience in Financial Accounting
- University Degree or College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proven track record of financial analytical skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow
- Strong system skills (Quickbooks, Yardi, Excel, Word,) required
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.