Head of Finance
$150,000-$170,000 base plus bonus
Posted April 8,2022.
The company is a private international family office. This mission-based work places importance on solving some of the world’s environmental challenges through its socially responsible products and services. They are currently accepting applications for the role of Head of Finance for the corporate office located in North GTA. This is a place where individuals will strive towards a greater cause while working in a role of great significance for the company.
The Head of Finance will work directly with the Founder to manage and implement both business and financial operations of the subsidiary companies. The role includes being highly experienced in building and managing efficient teams. The responsibilities range from financial preparation, business operations, investor management, HR and more.
- Own budgeting, reporting, banking, auditing, cash management, and tax.
- Board reporting.
- Preparation and circulation of financial statements (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Handle financial models for forecasting, budgeting, and planning.
- Manage cash flow planning and investments.
- Contribute to the analysis of solving business problems to scale operations and assist in any growth.
- Follow legal compliance on financial operations while having a clear understanding of liabilities and risk management.
- Manage legal documents and the oversight of HR.
- Work closely with external parties such as vendors, suppliers, consultants, tax accountants and tax authorities.
- Accurately and safely manage accounting records to reduce risks.
- Oversee the management of business and financial operations under an HR lens.
- Ensure employee payroll, benefit packages, and compensation is managed.
- Handle the billing of customers, purchasing, expenses, and AR/AP.
- University degree
- CPA required
- 6+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- Experience managing relationships with different external consultants – tax, legal, etc.
- Understanding of Canadian and US financial requirements/regulations
- US GAAP and ASPE/IFRS
- Excellent analytical skills
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.