Manager, Development Accounting
$90,000 – $100,000 (plus 15% bonus, long-term incentive plan, benefits and vacation)
Posted on September 20, 2021.
Our client is a growing real estate company looking for a Development Accounting Manager to join their Toronto team. This is a new position, offering someone who has either been working in development accounting or project accounting, the opportunity to carve out a new position in the company.
The Development Accounting Manager will focus on project accounting, construction draws, planning, and dealing with internal/external stakeholders to ensure reporting flows well between accounting/finance and operations. The candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely, while spending some days at the client’s offices in Midtown Toronto.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and wellness programs. As an industry leader in real estate, the Development Accounting Manager will enjoy being a part of a progressive, world-class work environment.
- Work directly with the Finance Director and CFO in the design of the initial ownership structuring of projects and partnerships
- Produce and continuously analyze cash flow projections for projects from conception to closing
- Manage equity draws for project ownership entities, partnerships and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structuring
- Provide monthly financial analysis of projects and operations to the internal executive team with a goal to seek improvements and compliance with project/partnership goals and continuously seek financial improvement and efficiency for all project and operations
- Prepare quarterly reports on projects with financial statements to be distributed to investors and partners and financiers
- Direct, monitor and manage invoice payables of projects while reconciling with the contracts to ensure accurate and consistent procedure and payment
- Manage the monthly construction draw process with the project cost consultant and construction lender
- Conduct reconciliation of all project accounts and report to external accounting/auditing firms for month end, quarterly and year end filings
- File monthly HST input tax credits on projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration; with a professional accounting designation – CPA (CA or CMA)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the real estate development industry
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and their application in real estate
- Strong skills and experience with Excel (i.e. modelling, data analysis, presentation)
- Superb interpersonal skills, with abilities to clearly communicate technical concepts and best practices
- Strong critical thinking skills with good attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.