Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
$90,000 – $100,000 (plus 10-15% bonus, benefits and vacation)
Posted on August 27, 2021.
Our client is a growing real estate company looking for a FP&A Manager to join their Toronto team. This is a new position, offering someone who has either been working in development accounting or financial planning and analysis, the opportunity to carve out a new position in the company.
The FP&A Manager will focus on project budgeting, planning, and dealing with internal/external stakeholders to ensure information flows well between accounting/finance and operations. The candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely, while spending some days at the client’s offices in Midtown Toronto.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and wellness programs. As an industry leader in real estate, the FP&A Manager will enjoy being a part of a progressive, world-class work environment.
- Oversee and coordinate processes to prepare consolidated project level budgets, business plans while collaborating with the various project delivery groups to ensure reliable budgets and forecasts
- Drive insightful analysis and financial viability through modelling and scenario analysis to enable strategic and operational decision-making
- Financial planning, including monthly/quarterly forecasts and variance analysis, update project budgets on key achieving key project milestones in conjunction with the project delivery groups
- Work closely with the Project Finance Controller to update/manage the underwritten proforma for projects under development and assist in creating/implementing change management strategies that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance
- Analyze project financials and margins during the development & construction stage, identify risks and trends of project budgets aligned to product delivery scope and milestones
- Prepare project cash flow models encompassing actual performance till date and forecast to complete rolling up to portfolio level performance
- From time to time support the full-cycle accounting processes for the projects under management and ensure statutory compliance
- Maintain constructive relationships with external partners, and liaise with external cost consultants and lenders
- Review cash activity such as capital calls, loan-drawdowns, distributions and cash reconciliations
- Monitor industry best-practices, market trends, emerging processes and technologies, sharing these learnings internally
- Actively encourage inter- and cross-functional collaboration, workflows, and effectiveness
- Mentor and lead colleagues, and deepen the personal understanding of the company’s strategy, and help colleagues do the same on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration; with a professional accounting designation – CPA (CA or CMA)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the real estate development industry
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and their application in real estate
- Strong skills and experience with Excel (i.e. modelling, data analysis, presentation)
- Superb interpersonal skills, with abilities to clearly communicate technical concepts and best practices
- Strong critical thinking skills with good attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.