Markham, ON (hybrid)
$95,000-$105,000 base plus great benefits
Posted on June 3, 2022.
This is one of Ontario’s leading community healthcare organizations. They work to provide access to services and care while delivering an extraordinary patient experience. They are currently looking for a Payroll Manager to join the team. Are you ready to join an environment dedicated to providing patient care while reaping the great benefits attached to the role?
The Payroll Manager will lead payroll administration to ensure employee payments are achieved in a timely and accurate manner. The role will consist of establishing an effective schedule of payroll runs and processes that follow required guidelines. You will manage a small team of payroll specialists and oversee a unionized payroll of over 3000 staff.
- Manage and direct payroll team
- Direct payroll services to ensure timely services and processing of bi-weekly payroll in compliance to legislations
- Handle payroll reports
- Manage year-end reconciliations: assist with T4 and T4A
- Contribute and assist in any growth regarding opportunity improvements
- Implement and design updated payroll processes to ensure efficiency
- Assist in ensuring external factors, employees, and managers are following appropriate procedures for information retrieval
- Work with other areas such as compensation, benefits, and pension
- Work with the Finance team to balance payroll related sheets by auditing information to identify discrepancies
- Assist outside auditors and conduct analysis when needed
- Review payroll audits for quality control measures
- Post-secondary education in related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in payroll leadership
- Process improvement assistance a requirement
- CPM is preferred (Member of Canadian Payroll Association and Certified Payroll Manager)
- Meditech Payroll Processing experience required
- Previous experience in healthcare setting considered an asset
- Payroll systems management experience is preferred
- T4 creation and year-end processes experience is considered an asset
- Direct federal and provincial compliance experience required
- Ability to provide customer focused services
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Good attendance and performance records
- Ability to commit to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others while ensuring organization, health and safety, and mandatory education legislations are followed thoroughly
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Paul Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.