Downtown Toronto, Ontario
$60,000-$70,000 annual salary, 3 weeks of vacation, great health/dental benefits
Posted on October 27, 2021.
Our client is a well-respected real estate company that is heavily involved in residential real estate development in the Greater Toronto Area. They are looking to hire a new Project Accountant to the team and this is a great opportunity for someone currently working in Accounts Payable in real estate development. This is a role within a CPA-accredited training company so if growing your career beyond just Accounts Payable is a motivation of yours, apply now!
- Create purchase orders and change orders within the accounting system using cost codes consistent with project budgets while complying to project specific workflows;
- Prepare invoice packages for draw packages;
- Review invoices, collect supporting backup, and facilitate approvals for the Development Department payment processing;
- Conduct vendor progress billing, hold back and job cost reconciliations on an ongoing basis;
- Generate variance reports to Project Managers and assist with quarterly project cost-to-complete reviews;
- Provide support with mailing/couriering cheques as needed and filing paid invoices promptly and accurately;
- Prepare project related accrual reports to support monthly draws for the Accounting Department;
- Degree or diploma
- Experience working in Accounts Payable within real estate development or construction
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial-related reports
- Experience with Draws and/or large construction/consultant contracts
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.