Property Accounting Manager
$75,000 – $100,000 (plus vacation, benefits)
Posted on June 15, 2021.
Our client is a real estate management company in the GTA, owning various real estate properties across the city. Our client is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team in Mississauga. Reporting to the Senior VP Finance, the Accounting Manager will prepare and review monthly financial reporting packages and transactions.
The Accounting Manager will work at our client’s offices in Mississauga. Along with great benefits, and 3 weeks of paid vacation, the company offers great work flexibility and a rewarding opportunity for Senior Property Accountants seeking a challenging career in real estate management.
This is a progressive opportunity, as the Property Accounting Manager can look forward to becoming the company’s next VP Finance within the next 5 years. We are seeking Senior Property Accountants looking to pursue a management role, using their expertise to support the team, assist new clients, and support the management team. If this sounds like you, you may be the perfect fit!
- Review, prepare, and schedule financial reports to meet company-specific deadlines
- Manage, coach, and train staff and promote Company culture
- Review and prepare monthly budgets, first-of-the-month PAP, receipts, EFT, transfer bank files, and bank reconciliations
- Maintain investment accounts including interest accruals
- Reconcile reserve fund investments to reserve fund equity
- Ensure invoices, receipts, and monthly financial statements are accurate
- Prepare projects using Yardi Voyager and troubleshoot software issues
- Communicate with auditors and clients to establish schedules to meet deadlines
- Communicate with the board and management to address and resolve report errors and/or omissions
- Organize the year-end procedures to prepare financial statements for stakeholders
- Review year-end financials for various projects
- External statutory filings and returns, including (but not limited to) HST returns
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum 5 years of property accounting experience
- Desire to transition from a Senior Accountant role to a management position
- Experience with Yardi Voyager 7S required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.