Property Accounting Manager
$90,000-$100,000 base plus bonus
Posted on January 31, 2022.
Our client is a large property management company in Toronto looking for a Manager Property Accounting for this diverse and interesting portfolio. This company offers an unparalleled work environment with state-of-the-art facilities and a positive and team-oriented culture. The Director is open to seeing individuals coming from a senior property accounting position or someone who is a supervisor / manager currently. Don’t wait any longer to apply!
The Property Accounting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial, management, and budget reports and tenant recovery calculations for a portfolio of investment properties.
- Provide management, mentoring and coaching to direct reports, empowering individuals to make decisions and be accountable for their actions
- Responsible for team annual activities such as property budgets, final operating cost recovery adjustments, annual property taxes, and property audits
- Planning and completion of annual and monthly activities including annual budgets, annual audits, annual operating cost recovery adjustments, annual property taxes, monthly cut-off schedules, and monthly reporting
- Responsible for the team’s timely completion of property accounting activities including month-end, quarter-end, year-end, operating cost audits, recoveries, budgets, and forecasts
- Liaise with property management, asset management, and other stakeholders and functional groups to ensure the team is delivering top-tier service as well as provide assistance and advice as required
- Work with internal and external auditors on operational and SOX control reviews and audits as well as audit working papers, financial statement audits, and operating cost audits for tenants
- Help prepare final operating statements, distributions, tax reconciliation, bank accounts, and other acquisition and disposition related activities
- Act as the subject matter expert for the property accounting group
- Review and approve financial accounting working papers
- Deliver service excellence to all clients, customers, and team members
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required or nearly finished
- Proven track record in property accounting and real estate accounting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective time management skills, works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Keen interest and dedication to life-long learning and self-improvement
- Ideally some supervisory experience over a team of accountants – not mandatory
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.