Property Accounting Manager
Toronto, Ontario (hybrid)
Competitive salary with great bonus and benefits
Posted April 29,2022.
Our client is a growing real estate asset manager in Toronto, ON looking for a Manager Property Accounting for this diverse and interesting portfolio. This company offers an unparalleled work environment with state-of-the-art facilities and a positive and team-oriented culture. The Controller is open to seeing individuals coming from a senior property accounting position or someone who is a supervisor / manager currently. Don’t wait any longer to apply!
The Property Accounting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial, management, and budget reports and tenant recovery calculations for a portfolio of investment properties.
- Ensure monthly financial reports are delivered accurately and timely
- Ensure all accounting records are kept up to date within guidelines
- Assist with auditors’ requirements
- Review of annual budgets and assist Property Managers in completion of annual budgets
- Assist in the accounting of property acquisitions and dispositions, due diligence and preparation of statement of adjustment and post closing adjustments, as required
- Continually monitor and review accounting processes and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate to ensure internal controls and/or efficiencies are improved to meet industry best practices
- Responsible for CAM & Tax recoveries including year-end billing
- Assist in capital costs tracking
- Responsible for review of working papers
- Assist with Yardi upgrades and implementations of new accounting software/modules
- Support the property administration staff in the financial management of their properties
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for accounting functions
- Supervise Property Accountants in full cycle accounting on an on-going basis
- Train and mentor accounting staff in all aspects of property accounting
- Handle all aspects of training, development, and continuous improvement of staff, processes, and procedures
- Perform ongoing performance management for team members
- Motivate staff and promotes a positive work atmosphere
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required
- Proven track record in property accounting and real estate accounting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective time management skills, works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Keen interest and dedication to life-long learning and self-improvement
- Ideally some supervisory experience over a team of accountants – not mandatory
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.