Property Tax Manager
$105,000-$120,000 + Bonus
Posted on December 4, 2022.
Our client is a large, Oakville based, public accounting and advisory firm. They combine passion with purpose to deliver innovative, customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework.
They are looking for a dedicated tax professional who values an honest and entrepreneurial work environment. As a trusted advisor, you’ll monitor markets and legislative changes to ensure that clients are utilizing all available programs and incentives to maximize tax recovery potential on real estate.
- Determining real estate values using various appraisal methods.
- Preparing tax and assessment forecasts.
- Presenting assessment and market information with internal and external clients/assessors.
- Liaising with municipalities, real estate brokers, developers, landlords and tenants.
- Executing audit procedures to determine if clients are being fairly assessed.
- Managing engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials.
- Reviewing, designing and developing high-quality deliverables including reports, presentations and other correspondence.
- Networking to create new business development opportunities and leading the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs.
- Mentoring and coaching team members towards professional and personal development, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- 5-7 years of prior public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, real estate, economics or law.
- Real Property Assessment Certificate is considered an asset.
- Strong research skills and understanding of standard valuation methodologies and/or taxation principles.
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles.
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to email@example.com