Real Estate Accountant
$65,000-$75,000 base (plus 10% bonus, benefits and vacation)
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Our client is a growing real estate company looking for an intermediate Real Estate Accountant to join their Toronto team. This is a new position, offering someone who has either been working in development accounting, real estate accounting or property accounting, the opportunity to carve out a new position in the company.
The Real Estate Accountant will play a foundational role in the preparation, analysis, and management reporting for a growing portfolio of properties and funds. Responsibilities will focus on full-cycle accounting, financial analysis, some tax and financial statement prep, along with fund accounting. What really makes the role interesting is the number of acquisitions and dispositions that regularly happen. You will be gaining experience that is directly applicable to the CPA program with a designated manager above you. This candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely, while spending some days at the client’s offices in Midtown Toronto.
The company’s positive and vibrant culture is one of its key selling features. Don’t wait to apply!
- Manage full-cycle accounting
- Prepare financial reports for leadership, partners, investors and other stakeholders
- Preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Prepare and analyze financial statements providing variance analysis vs budget on a monthly basis
- Prepare/review monthly bank reconciliations and account reconciliations
- Monitor and review monthly AR, accruals and prepaids for accuracy
- Assist in the prep and review of year-end financial statements
- Participate in year-end audits
- Provide info and schedules for annual tax filings
- Fund accounting and investor financial reporting preparing cash activities such as capital calls, distributions, and cash reconciliations
- Lead, coach and mentor functional colleagues
- Actively model and encourage cross-functional collaboration and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce, or business administration and pursuing a professional accounting designation – CPA
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Some exposure to the real estate industry
- Strong skills and experience with EXCEL
- Superb interpersonal skills, with abilities to clearly communicate technical concepts and best practices
- Strong critical thinking skills with good attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.