Toronto, Ontario (hybrid)
$65,000-$85,000 base plus full benefits, bonus, 4-5 weeks of vacation, and great company culture
Posted on January 11, 2022.
Our client is an established and respected real estate organization located in downtown Toronto, ON.
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team. In this role you will report to an experienced VP Finance who believes in treating people with respect and giving lots of autonomy. The position will handle the financial accounting for a number of different companies in this organization. Individuals who have experience doing the accounting for private family business will be given preference – ideally individuals who have dealt with complex holding and trust company set-ups and doing the working papers, reviews and variance analysis for all of these, including partnerships.
As the Senior Accountant you will be given the opportunity to do full-cycle financial accounting for a number of different companies with multiple partners. You will gain exposure to real estate management, real estate development, and several other industries. As we are currently dealing with year-end, whoever gets this role will be expected to come in and with little hand-holding grasp the financials for the year-end.
- Responsible for all financial working papers, reviews and variance analysis for corporate entities, partnerships, joint ventures, trusts and holding companies
- Responsible for financial review and variance analysis for investments
- Responsible for accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end files
- Assist and co-ordinate with the year-end audits and working papers for various legal entities
- Responsible for all aspects of General Ledger accounting
- Record and analyze transactions for multiple tiers holding entities, and apply the proper accounting solution
- Assist with the establishment of standardized reporting, policies and procedures and systems to support a standardized platform
- Ensure consistent adherence of accounting standards, principles, policies and procedures.
- Other analyses and special projects as required by Management Team
- Experience with full disclosure financial reporting and consolidation
- 3 years of experience in Financial Accounting
- University Degree or College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proven track record of financial analytical skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow
- Strong system skills (Quickbooks, Yardi, Excel, Word,) required
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.