$70,000-$80,000 base plus bonus, 3 weeks of vacation and benefits
Posted on January 11, 2022.
Our client is a growing company with their head office in midtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Finance Director is looking for a Senior Accountant to come with experience in full cycle accounting. This is a great position for someone looking for a stable company that has a lovely progressive work environment. You would be responsible for an array of duties like month-end, draw process, working papers and reporting, some analysis and occasional budgeting.
- Prepare year-end financial packages and liaise with external auditor
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Reconcile intercompany accounts
- Verify and approve statement of adjustments, prepare and post interim occupancy closing and final closing entries
- Prepare Construction Draw Package
- Review and process all commission invoices
- Review and process all trade invoices
- Track budget changes and perform budget updates on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly HST filing
- Keep track of all sales and purchaser deposits, reconcile with lawyer’s trust report monthly
- Post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting, Business or Finance
- CPA designation is an asset or pursuing
- Deep understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role or public accounting firm focused on real estate development clients
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.