$80,000 – $90,000 base plus bonus, pension, and great benefits
Posted on November 9, 2021.
Our client is one of the best real estate companies in the country. They have continued to grow throughout the tremulous past few years and are poised to be a leader across North America. They are currently looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will play a key role in the Canadian corporate reporting team, overseeing the financial close of this division as well as managing the financial accounting and monthly close. If you’re looking to get into the hottest industry in the Greater Toronto Area – real estate development – apply now!
Our well-known client in Toronto will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to regularly interact with other corporate finance teams while playing a pivotal role in the group’s accounting/reporting activities. You should either be pursuing your CPA designation or have already completed it.
- Maintain appropriate controls and procedures and ensure integrity of financial information.
- Work closely with the Controller team to understand their needs for accurate and timely source data and ensure compliance with financial guidelines and company policies.
- Manage consolidation of division financial results, perform certain day-to-day accounting and analysis for internal and external reporting requirements including month-end journal entries, home closing entries and analysis of balance sheet movements with commentary
- Responsible for in-depth understanding of the process, system, and accounting policies to provide advise on the accounting treatment of complex transactions and recommend solutions on issues as it arise.
- Supporting Divisional Finance team with Joint Venture accounting as they work through complex accounting issues and ensure compliance with agreements.
- Supporting Corporate Joint Venture team by completing pertinent schedules and providing information required for the partners’ reporting and annual joint venture audit.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of inter-company, investment, and joint venture equity. Ensure accurate and timely recording of funding and cash transfers between related parties.
- Other ad hoc tasks, as assigned
- Degree or diploma
- CPA designation complete or nearing completion
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting role
- Full-cycle accounting experience all the way to financial statement preparation
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial-related reports
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.