Senior Analyst – Acquisitions and Investments
Downtown Toronto, Ontario
$80,000-$100,000 base plus bonus
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is an established and growing boutique family office with a focus on alternative investments that is looking for a strong Analyst or Development Manager to step into this Senior Analyst position reporting directly to the President/CEO. This position will be instrumental in strategically evaluating new investment opportunities, offering someone a great opportunity to assist in sourcing and structuring new investments, monitoring the existing portfolio, and help the owner at a strategic level.
Our client believes in taking a long-term approach to investing, with the goal of achieving superior compounded investment returns through strong capital allocation and conducting business with a high degree of integrity. They have experienced 15 years of growth with their investments in the US and Canada, so now is a great time to join and help drive continued success within this opportunistic investment firm.
The Senior Analyst will be accountable for the financial analysis and modelling for all new and existing business investment opportunities in areas such as real estate development, energy, and other forms of investment. As a close-knit team, this family office is seeking someone with a strong work ethic desiring a long-term future with the firm. He/she will be a key collaborator to the President in ensuring the deliverance of key metrics to support the strategic plan. You should come with prior real estate development experience.
- Due diligence and acquisition analysis
- Underwrite new investments and create detailed proforma budgets
- Project budget review with focus on actual vs budget proformas periodically to meet company and project objectives
- Draft investor letters reporting on sales, cost variances, profits, land use changes, etc. and any other material developments.
- Analyze project cash flows and prepare sensitivity analysis to study impacts on overall project/investment
- Prepare equity and investment IRR waterfall analysis
- Monitor and update all project proformas, cashflows and IRR models in conjunction with other team members
- Participate, collaborate and give recommendations on new and existing investments and identify areas for improvement
- Strong sense of integrity, eagerness to learn and a high degree of humility
- Must have at least three (3) or more years’ experience in financial analysis in real estate development or similar
- Completed a university degree; a professional designation with exposure to real estate development is preferred but not mandatory
- Have a reasonable understanding of both high-rise and low-rise, mixed use and commercial development
- Possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated and able to collaborate openly within a team environment
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.