Senior Financial Analyst
$75,000-$85,000 base plus bonus, 3 weeks of vacation and benefits
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a growing company with their head office in Burlington. In the past 5 years, the company has grown tremendously and they are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their dynamic team. The Controller is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to come with experience from a previous accounting firm and individuals who already have some industry experience will be given preference. This is a very unique role because it touches on financial reporting, FP&A and has a strong focus on special projects, tax, project management, and internal controls. It will give the successful candidate growth opportunities that are unmatched in the job market right now with a plan to move this individual to a supervisory role in the near future.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for working on the financials for the organization’s real estate development division. We are looking for individuals who don’t just want to go to work for the sake of it. We really want individuals who find passion in what they do, being challenged and learning new things should be key motivators for you. If you think this is you, apply now!
- Ultimate accountability of the month-end close process for Development Projects within ten business days
- Complete full cycle accounting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for development projects for over 28 active projects (bank reconciliations, recording sales, finance adjustments, booking accruals etc.)
- Prepare and reconcile monthly project management fees calculations
- Maintain a weighted average cost of capital document to track financing costs at an individual project level as well as on a consolidated basis
- Provide key business insights together with month-end reporting to improve the overall effectiveness and profitability of development projects
- Prepare year end working papers and audit files for the auditors
- Responsibility for preparation and filing of annual tax returns for development projects
- Responsible for project-level HST reporting and analysis
- Maintain strict payment draw schedule for projects in construction, ensuring all draws are prepared and reviewed according to the standard process for the project
- Work Closely with Director of Development and Construction to ensure the accuracy of the upload of the budget into the accounting system
- Design and implement internal control processes to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness, especially as it relates to change orders, project LTV monitoring, project cost approval and project cost monitoring
- Collaborate with Senior Manager of Finance on financial modelling for development projects
- Assist with the preparation of reports related to development projects for the mortgage regulator as required
- Compile and create internal processes and procedures as it relates to development projects and assist in preparing an overall accounting policy handbook for the department
- Work on special projects to assist the Accounting and Finance management team, as required
- Communicate with investors and lenders to assist with inquiries and project level covenant compliance
- Finance, Business or Accounting Degree coupled with the CPA designation completed
- Experience with ASPE and IFRS reporting
- Previous experience working at an accounting firm is mandatory
- Excel (index, match, offset, v-look up and pivot tables); high level proficiency required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Corporate tax experience an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- The desire to see the organization succeed and the drive to make a material impact in that success
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply now, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.