Senior Financial Analyst
$70,000-$80,000 base plus bonus, vacation, and health/dental benefits
Posted on October 20, 2021.
Our client is a well-known consumer packaged goods company in the heart of Toronto. They are looking for a new Senior Financial Analyst to step in and lead the finance communication for the sales team to ensure customer pricing and promotions are accurately accounted for and reflected in the ERP, but also provide business insights / recommendations to improve future financials. As a leader in this group, you will work with the sales team to complete the annual operating budgets, ensure monthly expenses are accurately recorded and provide performance management insights.
We are looking for someone who has a keen eye for details and is very organized. You will be responsible for analyzing all accruals and adjusting on a tertial basis along with other special project work. Don’t wait any longer to apply!
- Provide monthly trade spend reporting and variance analysis
- Complete Customer Profit and Loss Statements on a regular basis with the expectation of explaining variances and assisting in improving customer performances
- Provide Key Account Managers with financial support in order to help them achieve their business objectives
- Proactively recommend changes to processes and procedures to ensure efficient flow of information and resolution of issues
- Work with sales / marketing in completing annual budgets
- Set up all customer pricing and programs in the ERP in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide Sales support to complete monthly trade accruals
- Review and analyze trade performance on a tertial basis and make recommendations for adjustments
- Liaise with A/R with respect to deductions discrepancies and resolve issues
- Process credits against customer accounts where necessary
- Reconcile markdown accruals and adjust for actual
- Liaise with Customer Service regarding pricing discrepancies and resolve issues with Sales or the customer
- Ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- CPA designation complete or enrolled in the program
- 3 years of experience minimum, preferably with a CPG company, pricing experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical and strong communication skills
- A proactive nature to provide financial support to the business.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.