Senior Financial Controller
$110,000 – $130,000 (plus bonus, health/dental benefits)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
Our client is a growing and established manufacturing company and due to dramatic growth, they are looking to hire a Senior Financial Controller to lead their accounting/finance team. As a key member of the company’s Management Team, the Financial Controller will lead and be responsible for the daily administration of the company’s accounting and financial activities, reporting directly to the President and COO and supervising a small team of accountants.
This is an excellent opportunity for a designated CPA Financial Controller coming from manufacturing or distribution who has experience supervising a small team and wants to help this company move through all the growing pains that come with dramatic expansion. The position will allow the Senior Financial Controller to have a broad focus versus a narrow one with a larger organization. We are looking for an individual who can lead by delegating responsibilities but also take a hands-on approach by rolling up the sleeves if and when necessary.
Apply now – these owners are motivated to hire sooner rather than later!
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, provincial, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Ensure a reliable system of internal controls are in place to adequately safeguard assets and provide with integrity accurate reporting on financial results.
- Provide leadership and work closely with the President and COO in performing long-term financial planning and analysis.
- Manage multiple currencies, including forward contracts and spot transactions.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the role of Controller.
- Formal, specialized post-graduate education in Finance or Accounting and a professional designation such as a CPA required.
- Merger and acquisition accounting experience is a nice to have.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a distribution and manufacturing business with activity-based project costing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines, work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.