Senior Manager – Tax (with Progression to Partner)
Salary: $150,000 – $200,000
I am working with a Toronto-based mid-sized accounting firm to recruit a Senior Manager who they aim will quickly move to the role Partner. This new role will allow them to increase the senior-level support required for their growing taxation practice.
This organization is part of a large group of companies with national and global coverage and they are growing with the increased inbound business.
They intend to further develop their tax function in Toronto and are looking for an experienced Senior Manager looking for progression to Partner. This will be a key hire in this development and the role offers both progression and an exciting opportunity to grow a business.
Working with mainly private and owner-managed clients, you will undertake tax engagements and implement tax planning strategies for their clients. Given the increased focus on developing the function, you will need to be highly client/customer service focused.
- Review client corporate and personal tax returns and identify planning opportunities.
- Research tax matters and develops a tax planning strategy.
- Preparation of tax memorandums, and tax due diligence.
- Understanding of interpretation and application of tax legislation.
- Leading projects and being a manager and mentor the team.
- Highlighting business development opportunities with clients.
You will possess the following experience:
- CPA, and In-Depth Tax Course/ Master of Tax (MTax)
- Experience at a senior level in the tax practice of an accounting firm.
- IT literacy and experience of Excel, tax software such as TaxPrep & tax research software.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills, analytical, with strong attention to detail.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence or contact us.