Senior Project Accountant
North York, ON – hybrid with 3 days a week in the office
$95,000-$110,000 base plus bonus and excellent profit-sharing piece
Our client is a growing real estate company looking for a Senior Project Accountant to join their Toronto accounting team. This is a new position, offering someone who has either been working in development accounting or project accounting, the opportunity to carve out a new position in the company.
The Senior Development Accountant will focus on project accounting, construction draws, planning, and dealing with internal/external stakeholders to ensure reporting flows well between accounting/finance and operations. The candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely permanently.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and wellness programs. As an industry leader in real estate, the Senior Development Accountant will enjoy being a part of a progressive, world-class work environment.
- Day to day full cycle accounting function of assigned corporate entities including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and HST returns
- Prepare equity and debt draws for project ownership entities, partnerships, and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structures, and in coordination with cost consultants and construction lenders
- Communicate and engage with investment partners on accounting inquiries and statements
- Provide financial analysis of projects and operations to the internal executive team, with a goal to seek improvements and compliance with project goals
- Prepare monthly reports on projects to be distributed to investors, partners, and lenders
- Monitor and manage the invoice payables of projects, while reconciling with the contracts to ensure accurate, consistent procedure and payment
- Conduct and manage with the team reconciliation of project accounts and reporting to external accounting firms for year-end filings
- Review monthly cost consultant reports and compare to accounting records
- Drive schedules on reporting requirements, budgeting, and investor reporting
- Monitor budgets and project performance, providing monthly budgeting forecasts
- Oversee and review work of junior project accountants with a goal to develop and mentor
- Prepare construction draw packages
- Verify and approve statement of adjustments, prepare, and post interim occupancy closing and final closing entries
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
- CPA designation or final stages
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the real estate development industry
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and their application in real estate
- Strong skills and experience with Excel (i.e. modelling, data analysis, presentation)
- Superb interpersonal skills, with abilities to clearly communicate technical concepts and best practices
- Sound understand and experience of a construction draw process
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please apply now. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.