Senior Project Accountant
$80,000-$100,000 (plus bonus)
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
A well-established residential real estate homebuilder in the GTA is looking for a Senior Project Accountant to join a dynamic team environment. Currently, the company is experiencing a rapid growth and is looking for an individual with drive to achieve excellence within the company. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work under a CFO who is a great mentor and focused on employee development.
Reporting to the Controller and CFO, the Senior Project Accountant will play a key role to provide reliable and efficient support and reporting for pre-development, construction, and closing projects for cost consultants, internal and external partners. The position requires preparation and meaningful analysis of monthly and annual financial statements. The Senior Project Accountant will assist with the budgeting and forecasting process, maintaining the full accounting cycle for development projects.
- Oversee the full accounting cycle for multiple development projects.
- Perform monthly calculations, reconciliations and recording of revenues, management fees, and interest for each project.
- Perform timely month-end close, verify records of all pertinent transactions (i.e. setting up monthly accruals), and properly document journal entries.
- Prepare monthly construction draws and co-ordinate with cost consultants.
- As needed, coordinate with the operations and other teams to process monthly property financials (i.e. invoice coding, purchase orders, project details and variance analysis)
- Maintain ongoing analysis of project budgets on a pro-forma basis from joint venture partners.
- Perform regular bank and trust deposit reconciliations.
- Set up project budgets, estimate and change orders in the accounting system, and implement control/maintenance activities.
- Prepare and process cash calls, record and reconcile project distributions/contributions.
- Assist in cash flow reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare internal and external partner reporting for each project, including support for GL balances.
- Assist in monthly compliance reporting to lenders, government, and partners.
- Identify and implement process re-engineering opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (IFRS and ASPE), internal audit, client accounting services, and internal review standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required; CPA is an asset
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Real estate development company experience preferred
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well independently and collaboratively with others
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL and other spreadsheet applications required; experience with real estate accounting software is a plus (JDE, NEWSTAR, YARDI)
- System conversion experience is a plus.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.