Senior Staff Accountant
$74,000-$82,000 plus great benefits
Posted on June 30, 2021.
Our client is a reputable accounting firm in Burlington with services in audit, tax and advisory. The firm is looking for an Intermediate Staff Accountant (pursuing CPA) or a Senior Staff Accountant (already designated) to join the business and hopefully grow with the firm to become manager and then partner. The client-base for this position will be privately held owner-managed companies and the successful candidate should take pride and enjoy working with business owners to help them through the many accounting issues that come up.
The culture is one of the key selling features of this firm. They have flexibility, work as a team and can laugh about things to make the day go by that much more enjoyably.
If you see your career growing in public accounting and you want a firm that values its employees, apply now!
- Plan and prepare time budget for review and audit engagements
- Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters
- Prepare personal (T1), trust (T3) and corporate (T2) income tax returns
- Prepare T4 (payroll) and T5 (dividend) returns
- Ensure that all queries and outstanding points have been cleared satisfactorily
- Complete the following audit sections: walkthroughs, internal control analysis, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, revenue and expenses
- Complete entire NTRs, reviews and audits
- Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
- University Degree and completion or close to completion of CPA designation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a public accounting firm
- Co-op at a public accounting firm a definite asset
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, CAS, and Canadian tax
- Excellent client service skills with desire and ability to understand the clients’ businesses
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Can-do attitude and a desire to grow and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and outside parties
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please contact Casey La Russa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and auditing, please visit Winchesters.ca.