Senior Tax Analyst (Canadian Tax)
$80,000 – $90,000 (plus benefits)
Posted on June 4, 2021.
Our client is an international leader in the automobile technology industry, and is one of the largest companies in North America. Our client is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join their team in their Aurora office. The Senior Tax Analyst (Canadian Tax) will report and manage the business’s automotive systems groups. Also supporting the Senior members of the Tax Team, the Senior Tax Analyst will manage income tax audits, tax research, and other exciting projects.
If you are interested in corporate tax, enjoy working with an entrepreneurial-minded team, this opportunity is the perfect fit for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare government income tax returns (i.e. provincial, federal, foreign affiliate)
- Configure tax instalments and manage timely payments
- Assist with updating calculations, such as Foreign Affiliate Surplus and Safe-Income calculations
- Assist with technical research and analyses for reporting and planning purposes
- Assist with external tax audits
- Tax accounting for quarterly income tax provisions according to US GAAP, including tax estimates for both planning and reporting purposes
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies on tax related matters
- Work closely with group and divisional controllers to build creditable, collaborative and effective working relationships
- Implement and maintain best practices to minimize tax risk
- Support other projects/transactions and carry out other administrative duties, as required.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the company’s internal policies and procedures, such as the Corporate Constitution and Employee Charter
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting experience
- Strong career interests in corporate tax
- Maintain good standing with relevant accounting bodies via continuous self-development
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective and efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Adrian Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in taxation and finance, please visit Winchesters.ca.