Tax Senior Manager or Tax Partner
Competitive Compensation based on experience
Unfortunately, this position is no longer available.
We are assisting in the appointment of a Senior Tax Manager or potentially Partner for a large Toronto public accounting firm as part of their continuing growth of the tax practice.
You will be responsible for tax planning, compliance reviews, and team management, contributing heavily to the strategy of tax for the firm. You will concentrate on domestic tax for a variety of clients including individuals, partnerships, trusts and small and medium sized corporate.
Located in Toronto, the firm is in an excellent location for anyone living in the Greater Toronto Area or commuting in with the GO.
- Tax lead on small and medium sized client engagements.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business as it relates to a particular area or assignment
- Plan and organize the tax team as required for preparation of tax returns, and conduct, document and present tax research
- Research tax issues and present conclusions to the shareholder or manager
- Provide daily guidance and coaching, and develop the tax knowledge of more junior tax team members
- Be a member of the full-service team to meet the operational tax needs of our clients
- Provide timely, high quality, exceptional service to our clients
- Over 7 years of experience in public accounting practice with a specialization in tax, preparing and reviewing personal, corporate and trust returns, estate tax planning, corporate reorganizations and dispute resolution
- Management of teams of tax professionals, setting objectives and planning projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with firm client services teams
- Proven strong project management and organizational skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.