$90,000 – $110,000
Posted on June 4, 2021.
Our client is a large professional services firm with an extensive clientele across Southern Ontario. They are looking for a Tax Manager for their offices located in London, Ontario. The Tax Manager will manage operations to deliver tax quality and supportive tax services, while operating as a trusted tax advisor, maximizing client engagement to achieve optimal qualitative outcomes.
Our client offers a supportive, positive work environment with great work-life balance, along with professional development training, fulfilling client service, competitive compensation packages, and much more!
We are looking for a knowledgeable tax professional who enjoys working with a professional team and is not afraid to put their best foot forward. If this describes you, apply today!
Roles and Responsibilities
Tax Management and Compliance
- Collaborate with team members to tackle various projects and tax research
- Research tax issues and prioritize tax related responsibilities
- Assist in identifying tax planning opportunities and preparing related correspondence
- Deliver a full range of tax services, including preparation and review of tax related prescribed forms, preparing letters of direction, and providing practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation
- Be a resource to the firm on annual compliance work on client files and related personal/trust/corporate tax returns as required
- Participate in client meetings to gain a full understanding of clients’ needs
- Keep actively informed of current tax developments
- Communicate directly with clients and/or third parties (ie investment brokers etc.)
- Communicate directly with the CRA and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Participate in weekly compliance WIP meetings and bi-weekly Tax WIP meetings
- Use available resources (ITA,Taxnet Pro) for research and support
- Participate in scheduling processing
- Attend Tax Group meetings
- Build trusted relationships by ensuring optimal client service and expertise in all tax and compliance transactions
- Be seen as a competent tax advisor and sounding board for our clients and the company’s internal professionals, by answering inquiries (e.g. file preparations; specific personal, trust or corporate tax), arising from compliance or planning work
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of tax concepts and provisions
- Identify opportunities for discussion or consultation with firm partners and be seen as a key tax advisory resource
- Work with internal professionals and peers to improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Contribute to the firm’s practice and business development efforts, including attendance at client meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Provide material for social media posts to highlight the services of the firm and the Tax department
- Participate in firm-wide training, and create tax related training materials and/or make presentations where requested
- Completion of CPA or the CICA In-Depth course (or in progress)
- Progressive work experience (within 5 years) as a Tax Manager
- Extensive background in various tax returns/accounting/compliance
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Knowledge of MS Office and software related to tax
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership, people management and team collaboration skills
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Adrian Harrison (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and taxation, please visit Winchesters.ca.