Tax Manager – SR&ED
$105,000-$115,000 + Bonus
Posted on December 4, 2022.
Our client is a notable downtown public accounting and advisory firm. They pride themselves on building enduring relationships with clients and staff through understanding, honestly, and collaboration.
In this role you will work with a team of professionals to help the firm’s clients with the preparation of their tax incentive claims. You’ll help them identify federal and state tax credits and incentives for their industry, quantify and qualify the potential tax opportunities, and increase eligible tax credits and economic incentives based on a payroll data analysis.
- Preparing and supporting IT or software-based SR&ED claims.
- Maintaining up-to-date SR&ED knowledge including legislation, application policies, case law and CRA administrative practices.
- Asking the right questions to elicit relevant information from technical people.
- Developing skills and strategy to network with and market SR&ED services to existing and prospective clients.
- Understanding different technologies in your interactions with clients.
- Working both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Using creative problem-solving skills to apply the SR&ED rules to client opportunities.
- Leading claim preparation and review engagements.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- 4-6 years of prior experience in a similar role.
- Bachelors or Masters of Applied Science / Engineering degree in Software Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- An understanding of networking, mobile platforms, and hardware development.
- Knowledge of current development technologies and other related technologies.
- Prior SR&ED experience including writing and supporting SR&ED claims.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong client-service orientation focused on achieving high-quality, timely and profitable results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to email@example.com