Senior Accountant – Ancaster, ON (In office) – $75,000-$100,000 (plus benefits, bonus, 3 weeks of vacation)Renee Cosme
Ancaster, ON – In office
$75,000-$100,000 base plus full benefits, bonus, 3 weeks of vacation, and great company culture
Posted on January 11, 2022.
Our client is an established and respected non-profit organization located in Ancaster, Ontario. We are looking to find a strong Senior Accountant to join this small, positive and unique accounting department. We are looking for someone who has their CPA completed or is pursuing it and has experience with well-rounded accounting duties. Excellent hands-on training will be provided, but with at least several years of experience in accounting, you will be able to pick up the work fairly quickly.
This organization has a notoriously low turnover rate with a high level of ethics and respect within the company. Individuals who take pride in their work and can work well in a team will fit in perfectly.
As the Senior Accountant you will be given the opportunity to do full-cycle financial accounting for a number of different companies with multiple partners involved. One key selling feature is that it is expected in 5-7 years that this individual will take over as Finance Director, when the incumbent retires. If you’re looking for a place with unique non-profit accounting work, some investment work as well as great work life balance, look no further!
- Reconciliation of all corporate bank accounts
- Prepare monthly accounting and investment journal entries
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the trial balance and all site financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation and upkeep of monthly corporate supporting schedules
- Responsible for monthly investment reports for all investments, including social impact investments
- Responsible for investment withdrawal requests and new investments, ensures proper corporate authorization
- Authorize bank wires and transfers as well as payroll transfers and payments for all payroll accounts
- Responsible for the corporate account analysis of balance sheet, income, and expense accounts for financial statement backup
- Prepare corporate working papers, records, and draft statements for the Auditors
- Help prepare the T3010 Charities Return
- Involved in the annual operating and capital budgets
- Responsible for credit card applications and tracking
- Responsible for annual reporting with the Provinces and Territories
- Responsible for sharing of data at Finance and Investment zoom meetings
- Responsible for minutes of Investment meetings
- Responsible for review of investment invoices to ensure proper fees paid
- Responsible for quarterly packages for investment meetings
- Responsible for calculation of quarterly investment asset mix reports
- Responsible for preparation of investment income and expense budgets
- Ensure all investment management agreements, contracts and account documentation is up to date
- CPA designation or pursuing it
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting
- Ideally some experience within the non-profit sector, but it is not mandatory
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow
- Strong system skills (EXCEL, accounting software, tax software, zoom, teams, etc.)
How To Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.