Oakville, Ontario, Canada
$60,000-$70,000, plus bonus, full benefits and vacation
Great established business in Oakville/Mississauga, Ontario with an unprecedented culture and positive work environment.
Our client, is a stable and growing company that is looking for an intermediate/senior accountant to join their team of tenured accounting professionals. The (Sr.) Accountant will perform a range of accounting and analysis duties ranging from full-cycle accounting to project analysis. You will be responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and managers while reporting to a corporate controller. Key daily work primarily consists of project accounting and reporting, annual financial statement preparation, facilitation of the preparation of tax returns by the external auditor, investor reporting, cash management and financial analysis.
- Monthly update of accounting records for management entities and investor entities using Exact accounting software. This includes AP, AR, Bank reconciliations and intercompany accounting.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist the Controller with Cash management tasks like preparing monthly draws
- Prepare monthly investor reporting templates for the Project Accountants
- Prepare and submit monthly HST returns
- Facilitate the preparation of annual corporate tax returns
- Assists with Tax and financial audits
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Any other finance and accounting tasks as assigned by the Controller
- Monthly update of accounting records for one of more project entities and prepare the monthly project report for distribution to investors and management.
- Maintain the company’s document management system
- Weekly sales reporting
- College Accounting Diploma or University Degree with Accounting focus
- Great communication skills (both oral and written)
- 5+ years of experience in a general accounting position
- Great organizational skills coupled with a can-do attitude
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for interview will be contacted.