Senior Property Accountant Toronto, ON $70,000-$80,000 base plus bonus and benefitsNadia Sharif2022-06-13T18:57:29+00:00
Senior Property Accountant
Toronto, ON – 3 days per week in the office
$70,000-$80,000 base plus bonus and benefits
Posted on March 28, 2022.
Our client is an established Real Estate Services Company that was established over 20 years ago to provide quality commercial, industrial, institution and condominium property management and construction services to building owners and corporations in the Greater Toronto Area. The company offers top-notch property management, accounting and construction services to its clients. What sets them apart from others in the industry is the focus on customer service for their owners, tenants and suite holders. Using technology as a cornerstone, our client is dedicated to growing the business through high levels of client satisfaction.
The head of accounting is looking to find a new Senior Property Accountant to support in day-to-day accounting responsibilities for the department. The Senior Property Accountant will be given the opportunity to work on junior, intermediate and more senior responsibilities like CAM/property tax recoveries, monthly reporting, HST remittances, and more. The successful applicant will be a self-starter, responsible and confident individual who possesses a positive attitude, excellent time management and organizational skills, who can rise to and meet challenges, and adhere to strict deadlines. They will be a strong team player, have an eye for detail and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
There is huge growth potential with this real estate company, so don’t wait any longer to apply!
- Full cycle accounts payable: setting up vendors, inputting invoices, coordinating the signing process, communicating with vendors, etc.
- Accounts receivable: entering deposits, inputting charge back revenues when given the numbers, following up on outstanding receivables, etc.
- Provide accruals for month end
- Maintain and revise rent rolls when needed
- Eventually CAM / property tax recoveries
- Bank reconciliations
- Account reconciliations
- Assist with month-end
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed
- Assist with the preparation of annual audit working papers and liaising with external auditors
- Some office administration
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- 2 years of related accounting experience minimum
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Preference will be given to individuals who have some real estate accounting experience
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Logical and detail-oriented
- Organized and willing to do more than what is on the job description
- Strong with EXCEL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful applicant will be a self-starter, responsible and confident individual who possesses high energy, excellent time management and organization skills. They will be a strong team player and welcome the opportunities to “roll up their sleeves” and “think outside the box”. Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential in this position.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.