Project Accounting Supervisor
$90,000-$120,000 base plus bonus
Posted May 9, 2022.
Our client is a real estate development company looking for a Project Accounting Supervisor to join their Mississauga team. This is a new position, looking to find someone who has knowledge of accounting practices of real estate development.
The Project Accounting Supervisor will oversee the full cycle project accounting, work with Financial Analysts to review budgets, assist with audit inquiries, and supervise a team of 2-3 accounting clerks. The candidate will have to be able to work 5 days in the office located in Mississauga with a bit of flexibility.
Our client offers an extremely positive work environment and values personal and professional growth. As a real estate company focused on building vibrant residential communities in Ontario, the Project Accounting Supervisor will enjoy being a part of an exciting work environment that is really focused on a fantastic product and services.
- Oversee full cycle project accounting, A/Ps, A/Rs, bank reconciliations
- Work alongside with Financial Analyst to review budgeting
- Supervising team of 2-3 accounting clerks
- Provide monthly bank reporting packages
- Prepare LC requests for the bank when required by development teams
- Direct, monitor and manage LC cancellations and debt discharges
- Have quarter-end and year-end papers ready for reviewal by Director of Accounting
- Prepare HST returns and help with audit inquiries
- Ensure monthly funding requirements reports are ready and have monthly trial balances and job costing reports prepared
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and their application in real estate
- Strong experience job costing, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Experience with Newstar enterprise is an asset
- Experienced with computer skills, emphasis on Excel
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.