Cambridge, Ontario, Canada – 5 days per week in the office
$55,000-$65,000 base, full benefits and vacation
Posted April 29,2022.
Great established business in Cambridge, ON that is going through some positive growth is looking to find a new accounting administrator for this newly created role in the team. This role reports to an experienced Controller.
Our client, is a stable and growing company that is looking for an accounting administrator to work at the Cambridge head office five days per week. This job will allow a person to be a hands-on individual who manages full cycle accounting all the way through to financial statement preparation support. You will also deal with day-to-day operations and administration in the office, so you should be open to taking on responsibilities beyond just accounting. You will be responsible for the operational and administration of the front office and would actively collaborate with all interdepartmental cross functioning team members.
- Accountable for the timely completion of transactions and reporting all financial information to divisional management and Controller
- Run hourly payroll
- Lead the monthly accounting cycle, executing regular reporting and month-end closing procedures
- Ensure financials are accurately stated while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Company’s Accounting manual and procedures
- Controlling and improving all cost accounting functions within the company, providing job level analysis to management and working as a partner to understand what the data means and taking corrective actions encouraging growth
- Managing all risk and ensuring proper and effective control processes are in place at all times. This includes but is not limited to: Accounts Receivable, Cash and Banking, Fixed Assets, Inventories, and Purchase Order usage
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate Policies and that timely communication and quality reporting occur. Provide quality insights based on financial data and participate in the process of communicating and using that data to grow the company
- Liaise with Corporate Office to ensure accounting and reporting standards are implemented locally
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a full-cycle accounting role
- College or University Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial processes from source document processing to period close and generation of financials
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical abilities, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Able to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, and solve problems
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail and flexibility to adapt to change in procedures and duties
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.