Toronto / North York, Ontario
Competitive base salary plus bonus, excellent benefits and vacation
Posted on March 28, 2022.
Our client is a growing Real Estate company in North York, ON. They are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join the small and growing accounting team.
Reporting directly to the President and the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities with a focus on AP and AR. The Accounting Manager will lead all day-to-day finance operations of this construction company. This position is a very unique role in a company that promotes great work life balance and a positive, relaxed working environment. Don’t wait to apply.
- Manage and supervise a team of two direct reports.
- Manage full cycle A/P.
- Oversee workflow of A/P team to ensure efficiency of processing.
- Timely posting of monthly vendor construction to draw invoices.
- Review of monthly A/P project construction draws.
- Cheque run management.
- Monitor and maintain controls over the A/P process and policies.
- Manage credit card expenses and employee expense reimbursement.
- Remit monthly HST reports to the CRA.
- Manage full cycle A/R.
- Post invoices from monthly draws created by the project managers.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is provided to the client.
- Ensure A/R payments are posted and following up on overdue payments.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with project managers to ensure timely approvals and resolution of issues.
- Construction related experience is a must.
- Experience in Jonas Premier Construction software is preferred.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business/Accounting, an accounting designation is considered an asset.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a leadership role in full cycle A/P.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with external vendors and the internal team.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.