Senior Staff Accountant (Tax)
$70,000 – $80,000 (with benefits)
Posted on June 4, 2021.
Our client is a well-established public accounting firm in Western Ontario, with multiple locations across the GTHA and Eastern Ontario. The company is made up of a large team of professionals with extensive accounting experience, from handling complex M&As to supporting small businesses. They are urgently seeking a Full-Time Senior Staff Accountant to work at their Burlington offices, with flexibility to work remotely at home on a regular basis.
The Senior Staff Accountant will work for one of the top employers in the industry, working with a supportive team of professionals who value success. The Senior Staff accountant can look forward to:
- A Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work-life balance and summer hours
- Support for professional development
- A variety of community involvement activities
- A dynamic team of employees who want everyone to succeed!
We’re looking for a confident Senior Staff Accountant, who is a dedicated, hard-working professional with great people skills. If this sounds like you, then we would love to meet you!
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to Partners and Managers, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
- Compliance review of tax returns (i.e. personal and corporate returns)
- Implementing tax engagements as per standards
- Provide expertise to staff who need tax support on their client files or on specific questions from their clients
- Completing compliance reviews of income tax slips and filings
- Researching and interpreting tax legislation
- Preparing tax plans and compliance related reports
- Preparing client correspondence including reports, discussion of technical issues, and recommendations
- Assistance to other offices of the Firm, as required
- Experience in Public Accounting
- 3-5 years of work experience with Canadian Income Taxation
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Willingness to enroll in or enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Adrian Harrison (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn. For more career opportunities in finance and taxation, please visit Winchesters.ca.