Accounts Payable Clerk (6-month contract)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
$60,000 and $65,000 salary
Posted on July 19, 2022.
This organization is a real estate and construction company looking for an individual to join their team as an Accounts Payable Clerk. The individual must have a solid understanding of accounts payable with at least a few years of experience in the role.
This opportunity comes with great benefits and the experience of working at a company that values teamwork. The Accounts Payable Clerk will handle accounting related duties in accordance with company procedures.
- Sorting of invoices
- Checking calculations & prices
- Receive and verify invoices against contract for goods and services
- Matching, coding and entering of invoices in Jonas
- Process the weekly cheque runs, including attaching backup (invoice, packing slip & receiving report) for each cheque and mailing
- Liaison with multiple department
- Reviewing receipts Re: Employee reimbursements – track expenses and process expense reports
- Monitor accounts payable to ensure payments are up-to-date.
- Maintain and produce monthly reports – list of unreleased cheques & A/P Aging Report
- Manage correspondence & respond to vendor queries and maintain vendor rapport
- Perform AP reconciliations as required, reviewing account histories with vendors
- Problem solving skills to include researching and resolving accounts payable discrepancies and issues.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding and knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping processes
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills which include all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with Jonas will be an asset
- Experience with the Construction Act and Prompt Payment Legislation is considered an asset
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (email@example.com) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.