North York, Toronto
$100,000-$120,000 base plus bonus
Posted May 9, 2022.
Our client is a long-standing real estate development company in North York. They are looking for a committed individual to join the growing and collaborative team as an Assistant Controller. This is a new role due to the growth of the company. If you’d like to join a work environment where creativity and team work is essential, they would love to hear from you!
The Assistant Controller will provide accounting in all areas of real estate development and assets under management. This position will allow the successful candidate to seek opportunities of growth while working for a company that really values respect and working together towards achieving desired results as a team.
- Preparation of financial statements for multiple entities and working on year-end audits
- Preparation of quarterly reports
- Oversee all transactions
- Cash management and forecasting
- Communication with internal/external stakeholders from various departments/functions
- Support in creation and implementation of standard processes and procedures
- Reporting of Leasing income, Sales revenue, Operating expenses, and Construction costs are accurately stated in general ledger
- Preparation of accounting reports based on general ledger for use by other team members
- Provide impact to budget and variances after monitoring financial performance of Projects in Development
- Familiarizing with project financing arrangements for Project in Development and the preparation of reporting to lenders
- Assist in preparing reports for Assets under Management
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in business/commerce, real estate, or related discipline
- CPA designation
- 4 -10 years of experience in accounting/finance field
- Experience in real estate, emphasis on land and housing development industry
- Knowledge of accounting practices related to development, project financing and asset management
- Advanced level computer skills, emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to navigate internal/external relationships
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.