Associate Director – Acquisitions and Investments
Very Competitive Compensation
Posted on September 10, 2021.
Our client is an established and growing real estate investment firm, located in midtown Toronto. They are looking for someone to fill a newly created position, reporting directly to the VP and CEO. This position will be instrumental in strategically evaluating new investment opportunities, offering someone a great opportunity to assist in sourcing and structuring new real estate development investments, monitoring the existing portfolio, and helping the owner at a strategic level. The department is small so this will be a hands-on acquisitions/investments role where you will not have the assistance of a group of analysts.
Our client believes in taking a long-term approach to investing, with the goal of achieving superior compounded investment returns through strong capital allocation and conducting business with a high degree of integrity. They have experienced 30+ years of growth with their investments in the US and Canada, so now is a great time to join and help drive continued success within this opportunistic real estate investment firm.
The Associate Director – Acquisitions and Investments will be accountable for the financial analysis and modelling for all new and existing business investment opportunities in primarily the high-rise real estate development sector. As a close-knit team, this office is seeking someone with a strong work ethic, desiring a long-term future with the firm. The successful candidate will be a key collaborator to the President in ensuring the deliverance of key metrics to support the strategic plan.
- Due diligence and acquisition analysis
- Underwrite new investments and create detailed proforma budgets
- Project budget review with focus on actual vs budget proformas periodically to meet company and project objectives
- Draft investor letters reporting on sales, cost variances, profits, land use changes, etc. and any other material developments.
- Analyze project cash flows and prepare sensitivity analysis to study impacts on overall project/investment
- Prepare equity and investment IRR waterfall analysis
- Monitor and update all project proformas, cashflows and IRR models in conjunction with other team members
- Participate, collaborate and give recommendations on new and existing investments and identify areas for improvement
- Strong sense of integrity, eagerness to learn and a high degree of humility
- Must have at least three (3) or more years’ experience in financial analysis in real estate development
- Completed a university degree; a professional designation with exposure to real estate development is preferred but not mandatory
- Have a reasonable understanding of both high-rise and low-rise, mixed use and commercial development
- Possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated and able to collaborate openly within a team environment
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role, please email Elan Van Wyck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. To receive updates on new job postings regularly, follow us on LinkedIn.