- Ensure that effective accounting and financial control practices and procedures are in place and that they are consistent with best industry practices and generally accepted corporate accounting and financial control policies and procedures.
- Support and manage the continuous improvement of business and financial accounting processes and related controls and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Act as a technical accounting expert, support the day-to-day needs of the operational team, and perform all operational accounting functions.
- Analyze and present meaningful financial information to senior management, as required.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining project job costing budgets, project budget vs. actual cost monitoring, and project funding.
- File tax returns and handle all tax-related matters for all entities. Cooperate with senior management, and all external accountants, tax planning consultants and government agencies in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in managing the short- and long-term cash management and cash flow projections, in conjunction with senior management and various banking institutions.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or senior management and present financial reports/ information as required.
- Perform general contract management including insuring that all contracts and agreements are fully complete and correct prior to execution.
- Administer and implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the Construction Act, including Prompt Payment Legislation.
- Ensure all accounting records are accurate, current and prepared in compliance with corporate policies and GAAP.
- Perform the accounting functions for all entities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, vendor and trade partner payment processing, bank reconciliations, and credit card processing.
- Assist senior management in performing senior level accounting functions such as revenue accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation and analysis, management information preparation, budgeting, forecasting and planning.
- Assist in maintaining all accounting records and complete the required accounting functions including remittances for government or other controlling bodies such as but not limited to T4, HST, Source Deductions, WSIB, EHT, Union reports and payments etc.
- Analyze and ensure the accurate collection, preparation and integrity of accounting/financial data including invoices, billings, and vendor contracts.
- Issue Notices of Non-Payment, Notices of Partial-Payment, Notice of Incomplete Invoice, Notice of Rejection of Invoice, all in accordance with the requirements of Prompt Payment Legislation.
- Produce and manage purchase orders, change orders, contract reconciliation, and trade and supplier payments. Monitor and report contract statutory holdbacks, maintenance and deficiency holdbacks to mitigate financial exposure to trades and suppliers.
- Process employee payroll timesheets, tracking employee vacation entitlements, and tracking employee expense reports, gas mileage, etc.
- Manage and report on all property operating costs, together with the required payment recovery and payment to any trades and suppliers.
- Assist in managing, monitoring, reporting and maintaining the required financial records for all residential new sales, statement of adjustments, closing documents, deposits, extras to contract, upgrade and décor charges, sales commissions, revenues and profits.
- Communicate with vendors and trade partners effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Manage all filing of accounting department including contracts, invoices, payments, close out documents, etc.
- And/or any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned by the Employer.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you’re interested, email your resume to email@example.com